Tuesday, February 22, 2011

the mom i have become (mushy version)

So I blogged about parenting from instincts. It was factual and I feel like that old fashioned tv guy....you know...'just the facts'. I was not happy with the message it conveyed because the facts do not justly convey how it feels to be an instinctual mama.
Here is how it feels in the best words that I can come up with at this moment:
It feels like :
my heart is walking around outside of my body x's 4. (stole the quote but it is true)
If I am not guiding my children through life, someone much worse may guide them instead.
If my children show an interest in something, I will do everything in my power to provide them with the means to explore that interest.
If anyone were to do anything to break their spirit I would kill!
Being emotionally present with all four of my children is like looking into the sun, its blinding and amazing and could destroy me.
I have to go beyond my own comfort zone in order to be the best parent I can be in the short time that I am the center of their world.
I can do anything if the end result will benefit my children.

The connection that I feel with my children is not weird, it is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment